The EuroTeX conference 1995, including tutorials,
will take place from
September 4th until September 8th
in the Netherlands. The conference will be held at
Papendal, near the city of Arnhem.
Papendal is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the
Netherlands. Right in the middle of the vast woods of the province of
Gelderland. About eight kilometers west of Arnhem. Tucked away under
the lee of the green Veluwe-fringe.
The conference starts on
September 4th in the afternoon and runs until September 7th noon.
Thursday afternoon and Friday September 8th are reserved for courses
The theme of the conference is:
Wherever we talk about `TeX' we mean TeX and a format, such as plain,
LaTeX, AMSTeX, etc.
We would like to have talks that deal with topics such as:
We would also like to offer courses and/or tutorials on
any of the following topics:
- the integration of TeX in the working environment, or using
TeX in full (bidirectional) co-operation with all kinds of other
- conversion to and from TeX;
- dissemination of typeset material (PostScript, Acrobat);
- importing text and/or data from other applications
(spreadsheets, databases) into TeX documents;
- how to add value to documents by using TeX, so that they can not
only be easily typeset, but can also be turned into `active'
hyperdocuments, by translating them into SGML/HTML or Acrobat, or
be used as data for database searches;
- multi-discipline, multi-language aspects of TeX;
- `novel' uses of TeX such as bi/multi-lingual
translations/dictionaries, legal texts, poetry,...
If you feel qualified to teach one of these subjects or think
other topics should be covered, please send us your proposal.
- introduction to using LaTeX;
- LaTeX for package and class file writers;
- Making PostScript (Truetype) fonts available for use in TeX documents;
- database publishing with (La)TeX;
- (La)TeX and hypertexts, HTML, SGML, hyperTeX.
Please notice the following (preliminary) deadlines:
April 10th : date when abstracts should be received
April 20th : date to tell authors their abstract has been accepted/rejected
May 15th : date to receive full papers (using LaTeX or EuroTeX style)
June 15th : date the reviews should be finished
June 25th : date to receive the final paper
Your abstracts and proposals can be sent to
If you have no access to e-mail you can send your contribution to:
EuroTeX'95 program committee
In such a case we would ask you, to submit your paper in electronic form
on a (DOS) floppy disk.
2715 AJ Zoetermeer
Last modified: Mon Apr 10 11:02:23 MDT 1995